Based in Hamburg, SevenCs develops S-57 chart-display Kernels for ECDIS, WECDIS and other maritime applications, ENC production and distribution software, and professional maritime navigation software.
In addition to our software we provide a complete range of complementary services, including training, consultancy, and customer support.
Company History & Milestones
SevenCs has a long and proud history of participation in development of standards and of innovation regarding chart display, production and navigation software.
- 1992 SevenCs established.
- 1995 First major OEM supply contract.
- 1996 First generation of ENC Tools launched.
- 1998 First official ENCs produced using ENC Tools.
- 1999 First official type-approval of SevenCs SENC format.
- 2000 First generation of ORCA professional navigation software released.
- 2002 Incorporation of ChartWorld GmbH, our digital chart agent subsidiary.
- 2003 First generation of CEACT inland navigation software released.
- 2005 UKHO acquires SevenCs and ChartWorld.
- 2008 HydroTeam alliance with Atlis and L3-Nautronix.
- 2011 Dutch Belgian Trading acquire SevenCs and ChartWorld.
- 2014 Type-approval of the world’s first true touchscreen ECDIS, developed by 7Cs.
- 2015 ORCA Pilot G2 becomes the world's first type-approved Portable Pilot Unit (PPU).
- 2017 Release of S-100-compliant SDK for maritime applications - Nautilus ECDIS Kernel.
- 2019 Development of multi-platform navigational product line for mobile devices - OPX.
SevenCs and its subsidiary company ChartWorld GmbH are wholly owned by ChartWorld International Ltd. Cyprus.